My family is made up of night-people. Half of us suffer from mild insomnia and the other half aren't exactly morning people either. Joe is the same way. If it is his day off he prefers to sleep in a bit and spend the evening watching movies or playing games. This being the case, it is impossible for me to pick a favorite night.
Growing up we would watch movies together as a family on a regular basis. Mom popped popcorn, we all brought up blankets and pillows and crammed into our small living room to enjoy "The Thin Man" or "The Hunt for Red October" or a James Bond film. I loved it.
When Joe and I started dating we had some AWESOME dates that I can remember vividly. There was the night we went to the Norah Jones concert, and the night we took the jeep up on Pinnacle Peak, when we got engaged in San Antonio, and many more.
And since my marriage, and especially when my dad was sick, there were some amazing nights when we were all together as a family that are now some of my most treasured memories. There was the night on the cruise when we did the white elephant exchange, Christmas when we did the talent show and everyone almost got snowed in at Jenn's, carne asada night in Phoenix, the Wii bowling tournament.
Honestly, I can not choose a "favorite night" with so many great moments among my night-owl family.
2020 Vision
6 years ago



2 comments:
I loved reading family blogs because it always reminds me of so many good times together and you listed some great ones in this post!!
I forgot about all of those nights. They were such good times. We've been really blessed. Regardless of the difficulties we've faced as individuals or as a family, we've had a lot of good times and good memories. Let's keep it up for the next generation.
Post a Comment