Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15: Something You Want To Do Before You Die

I asked my mother once if she was always so patient and nice, if she always was so strong in the church, and if she always thought nice things about people. She told me that she became the person she is through many trials and tribulations and that her faith and patience came from study and practice, and all of this some time during the process of raising children. She also confessed that she doesn't always think nice things, but she tries to only say nice things. So she wasn't just born awesome, she worked for it. She was not instantly the best mom when Jenn was born, she bettered herself over the years. This gives me hope; hope that I can someday, before I die, become like my mom.

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's a very sweet tribute. We have a great mom!

jenn said...

Oh. How sweet. She is pretty terrific. And I always appreciate her honesty about how and when she has learned things.