
We had two celebrations this year. The first was the ward party, the second was a bunch of western teachers that signed up to be part of a tick-or-treat list so the children here could actually go door to door begging for candy. Both turned out to be fun. No, not really. Avery didn't like wearing a costume all that much. She decided that she would tolerate it when I told her she could wear makeup. She hated the pinata at the ward party. All she would say when we got near it was "NO BOO!" She loved the candy people had, but she didn't want strangers putting it in her bucket. And she HATED, HATED, HATED people who opened their doors and yelled BOO! Honestly, she wanted to stop trick-or-treating after two doors. But like all parents eager for fun experiences and great photo ops, I made her continue. Not for long mind you, but just long enough for her to consume three suckers and then tell me she wanted her dad, who was at home passing out candy. Maybe next year she will get the hang of it. Or maybe I'll just have a child who never really wants to go trick-or-treating. Wouldn't that make you jealous Jenn?
3 comments:
I would be jealous except this year I discovered that Kate is GREAT at taking kids trick-or-treating. I stayed home and sipped caramel apple cider.
Avery's dress is super cute. She'll probably want to wear it all the time now that Halloween is over. And it didn't escape our notice that she chose to wear her boops with her costume.
Cute pregnant belly! Makes me miss you more.
So great!!! What a fun Halloween! Avery looks so darling! I see you chopped her hair! Well, it's darling! You look cute and preggo finally! Miss you!
Avery looks so pretty in her costume, it's gorgeous!
Post a Comment