Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Festival

There is a holiday going on right now. I'm not actually sure what it is called, but they take it very seriously here. Joe gets a whole week off for it and there are vendors and little carnival rides here at Clifford like it's Viking Fest (for those of you who are lucky enough to know what that is). We took Avery down last night to run around and ride some of the rides. She had a blast riding in the bumblebee on the carousel.

Joe tried to get a picture of a common snack served at these types of festivals, baby chickens. Literally, whole. baby. chickens. I guess you are supposed to just pop them in your mouth and crunch them up. I'm not that adventurous.

The downside to the festivities is the singing in the park. Normally I don't mind the singers at night. It is actually pretty nice to here them sing together for an hour or so. But for the holiday, there are SO MANY MORE PEOPLE! And they sing for hours. And they sing LOUD! Even on the ninth floor it is nearly impossible to watch a movie because the singing comes through like I've got surround sound in my house. It is nuts.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Loading photos to blogger is a problem no matter where you live- good luck sorting that problem out!

I want to come when there is a festival! Sounds amazing! Though I'm sorry about the noise.

Angela said...

I wish I were visiting now. Viking Fest on crack? Who wouldn't want to be there. I'm sorry they are messing with your sleep schedule, but I think it sounds A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Feeling jealous, again...