Thursday, November 4, 2010

Big Night Out

Joe took me out the other night. We took the bus into the city, saw some awesome lights, and then we went to dinner. Being here in China you may wonder where we chose to go on our big evening out on the town. Well let me tell you it was just about the yummiest dinner I have had in a month. We went to PAPA JOHN'S! Surprised? You should not be. Let me tell you why Papa John's is such a wonderful place. The pizza tastes just like it does in the states! Incredible! Good pizza is hard to come by here and it is never cheap. I realize that back home this might not be considered "good pizza" but when you are used to frozen crusts topped with tomato paste and toppings that vary from mushrooms to shrimp, clams and tuna, Papa John's becomes your new favorite place.
The American pizza chains that make it here to China look a little different than they do in the states. When you walk into a Pizza Hut or P.J.'s you see big stuffed chairs and wood tables, or nice booths and artwork making it feel like a real nice Italian place. Pizza is not something you just order up and have delivered here. It is a nice, sit-down-and-take-it-easy type of meal. The menu is a little different too. Along with pizza and cheesy bread you can order calamari and fried shrimp. As well as some skewers that looked a little too scary for me to try.
But the most important thing is that I could get REAL pepperoni pizza! Oh, the things I miss.

1 comment:

jenn said...

That sounds like a great way to eat pizza! Instead of cold out of a box. Maybe I'd like it this way.