Monday, October 25, 2010

Terrible Twos

Avery has them, or it, whatever word describes the fits she has been giving me lately. Her latest form of torture is her inexplicable inability to walk anywhere. I take her to the grocery, the zoo, the park, or even the hallway to take out the trash, whatever, and she has to be carried the whole time. I put her down because I feel like the baby in my belly is about to drop right out, and Avery stands there crying like I just left her alone on a desert island. If she does walk she does so like she is barefoot on glass. WHAT IS HER DEAL? If I thought going to the store or running errands was hard before I was so wrong. It is literally almost impossible to take her places if it is just the two of us. I need a back-up person to carry my toddler. It is a good thing she only weighs about 25 lbs.

4 comments:

jenn said...

That is a bit more extreme than any of my kids ever were about walkling. Sorry. And you should be warned, three's were way worse than two's.

Gina said...

It could be that she knows a baby is on the way. Joran changed when I was pregnant with Logan. He started to want to be held a lot too and he started waking up in the middle of the night which was rotten because I could barely roll my big belly out of bed and I was so tired. Or it could be she is in China and feeling all the changes.

Angela said...

HAHAHAHA! I can't help it. I think its funny. Don't worry. You can laugh at me when I'm in your situation at some point in the future. Some point in the far future.

Bob and Danya said...

Cason totally did that! For nearly 2 years he whined about walking places and wanted to be in the stroller, the cart or be carried. I was a booger and just let him melt down. I didn't care. Want to know what "cured" him? We went camping and went on a few hikes (like a mile) with other kids his age. He realized that they walked without throwing a fit and that was the end of it! (that was just this summer too). I hope she grows out of it soon! It's a PAIN!