Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My little Pixie

Avery got her first REAL haircut. I have has to trim it here and there, in fact I did so just three weeks ago, but now it is CUT. Joe came home from work and told me he saw the cutest haircut on one of his students. Honestly, what guy notices that stuff. Anyway, it led to Avery sitting in front of a Mickey Mouse show while I chopped and layered her hair. It actually turned out to be a cute little pixie cut. Perfect since she is going to be one for Halloween.

I realize that this photo does not give a great close-up of the cut, but a profile shot is better than a full-face one if you want to see the full effect. That woman is Sam, my ayi. Avery is "helping" her make dumplings for lunch. Avery would take the completed ones off of the green tray and put them in the pan while sneaking bites of the yummy chicken filling from the bowl. Luckily Sam is patient.

3 comments:

jenn said...

In this age of instant gratification, it is kind of killing me to not have the picture! Technology is so amazing and stupid!

YOU cut it?!! I would/could never.

Happy to see updates!! Miss you.

Angela said...

DANG IT! I want photos NOW. Show me. Show me. I can't believe how brave you are. Although, if the cut had turned out badly you could just not take pictures for a while and tell everyone that China's internet isn't letting you post.

Gina said...

I am so jealous. I love pixie cuts. I have wanted to drastically cut my hair off again for a while now. I hesitate because everyone keeps telling me "oh I love how long your hair is now." How can I dissapoint the people?