Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Boops"

Have you ever walked into a store and seen something you just had to have? I don't mean that it was to-die-for cute, I see stuff like that all the time but I don't have to have it. But every now and then you see something that is so perfectly you, so perfectly priced, that you just must take it home. I wish I could say that this has happened to me lately; it has not. But it happened to Avery this week.
We went to the children's market to search out some winter clothing for Avery. I had a very specific list of pants and long-sleeve t's, and sensible shoes. I was not supposed to deviate from this list. I had a plan. Then we walked into the 4th, 5th, or 10th store of the day and Avery found these:
And that was that. She sat down, took off her shoes, and then she put on the "boops." Yes, that is what she calls boots. She was so excited that she just walked around the store pointing and her feet and laughing and saying, "Mommy, boops!" I know, it sound a little bad.
I tried to dissuade her. I tried to get her to try on some good tennis shoes in bright colors, some polka-dot Maryjane's for church, even boots in another color just to see how set she really was on these particular boots. She was dead set. To every option I offered she held up her feet and whimpered: "No mommy, my boops." So sensible "tennis shoes" was crossed off of my list and replaced with "boots." Does that count as sticking to the plan?

3 comments:

jenn said...

Is that her purple purse hanging in the back of the photo? I can just see her with her purse and your boops, running all over China, photographers chasing her as she laughs... HA!

Miss that girl.

Kathryn said...

That IS one of her purses. Her fish purse that Stacie bought her for her birthday.

Gina said...

They look sensible enough to me. At least they are a neutral color and they don't have baby heels on them. Cute 'boops'.