most of the time. She has never really been a whiner or a crybaby, she tends to be really easy going. She is easy at bedtimes and has slept through the night since she was 11 weeks. Don't worry, this post will not be me bragging for much longer. When Avery got her first tooth we never even noticed until it was totally broken through, she was that good about it. If I would take something away that she wasn't supposed to play with, or if I moved her from one spot to another, she would just adapt and find something new to do. Well, times have changed. We finally found something that made Avery stop being the super easy baby that she has been. Well, three things really. They are: walking, 6 teeth (including 4 molars) at once, and RSV.
Now that Avery can walk to and from the places she wants to be, she suddenly has an opinion on everything and is very sure that the only place she wants to be is at my feet, and the only toy she wants is what I have in my hands.
She may have been a trooper when one tooth was poking its way through, but 6 teeth at one time, and 4 of them molars, is just too much to ask of any little baby. So much for sleeping through the night. We have had a number of nights where she not only wakes up 88 times, but she will only go back to sleep if she is in our bed. And she kicks.
And, oh, the RSV. Like getting 6 teeth at once wasn't bad enough, she gets monstrously ill the same week. She is snotty and coughing and so tired but she just can't sleep and so I can't sleep and everyone is getting tired and craky and the throwing up for three days made it even worse and I was just at my wits end until the puking stopped and now it is just a snot-fest.
But the point is that this has all led to one thing: cranky baby. Not just cranky baby, but, hold-me-all-the-time-and-listen-to-my-woes-and-don't-you-dare-do-anything-without-me-or-I-will-have-a-melt-down baby. So... where is my baby?



2 comments:
The honeymoon is over. Welcome to parenthood! :)
Poor little Avery, and poor mommy!
(btw, I think Hunter has RSV. He started having a bad cough yesterday =(...I hate staying awake worrying about my baby, it's not very productive, especially knowing they're going to wake up soon because they don't feel well)
Post a Comment