Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Arkham Horror

Oh, this game. The first time I played it, I hated it. The second time I played it, I hated it. The third time I played it, I hated it. Why, you may ask, did I continue to play? I'll tell you; my brother and my husband LOVE it, so I play to be with them. And now all I can think is: we are so ready for another expansion! What?! Did I seriously say that? When did I start liking this game? When did I start thinking we could use another expansion? Look at this game! Does it look like we need more cards, pieces, players, board, or bad guys? This is the most extreme game I have EVER played and even though it can take 3 hours to play, I love it. I've crossed to the dark side! I like to play Arkham Horror! I like to play as "The Researcher" or "The Psychologist" or "The Martial Artist." I have opinions on the weapons and spells and skills. I HATE the King in Yellow and his stupid tokens. I want more helpful guardians. How could I let this happen?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

Oh yeah. And... I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so.

This is the only game that I have simultaneously loved and hated.

jenn said...

I don't know how I missed this post- I saw the skirt one after it?!@#@ weird.

I play games to be with the people I love too and I don't think I love this game but last night I was the one asking if it was time to play yet and getting very excited over my awesome skill and weapon combination!... Dunwich has a reformed cultist who gets things when the doom or terror track goes up- LOVED her... Do you always play with Mandy?... CAN'T wait to play with you in 10 days when we come to Arizona!! How many monsters will that mean? AHHHHHHHHH!