Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long Overdue

What is overdue exactly? Maybe proof that she is walking now since that has been the case for about a month. Or just the fact that she IS walking full-time now. It sure felt like it took her a long time. Perhaps it is the fact that she can put her hair in pig-tails, finally. Maybe it is just that I have not posted a video in so long showing what a big girl she has become. I just feel like the whole this is long overdue.

I think that I should mention that Avery walking for real is all due to Jennifer. She sent us one of those monkey backpack things that doubles as a leash for parents with toddlers on-the-go. We were so sad that we didn't need it yet because Avery was refusing to walk in public. She would do it at home if we pressed her, but that was about it. I guess she was too shy. Anyway, one night Joe put it on her just to see if she would wear it when she WAS walking all the time. As soon as she was buckled in she started laughing and she picked up the leash end herself, putting it around her own wrist. She then too herself for a walk, walking laps between her room and the living room for the next 30 minutes. That was it. From that moment on she was a full-time walker. So, thanks Jenn! We should have strapped that thing on sooner.

1 comment:

maymey-Old said...

Is it always a good thing?