
So this is what I do: work at my job 3 days a week getting as many hours in a day as I can, intern 2 days a week for 8 hours a day, and do my homework at night. All of this to try and get out of the way by the weekend so that I can clean my house and do laundry at some point.

I feel, however, like there should be a similar term, but with a positive connotation. "When it rains, it pours" has a very negative feeling attached and I think that I need to sub-head this post with the positive version. Last week we had, not one, but two birthday parties to go to on Saturday. 2! Joe and I are lucky to hit 2 parties in a six month period. And then on Wednesday we had, not one, but two social gatherings with friends. We had a DELICIOUS dinner with our friends Derek and Michelle, and we had our usual "Top Chef" party with Tadd and Kelly. Most importantly, the night provided 2 dessert opportunities!

While meeting up with friends is just one more thing to add into my schedule, I have found that excluding such outings from my life makes me a cranky girl! At Derek and Michelle's I was thinking that I could not remember the last time I had seen Joe be so social. It was so much fun to meet NEW people and have NEW conversations. And the food was so good I almost asked these guys for their Turkey sloppy-joe recipe, but thought it would make me seem like a silly house mommy. And don't get me started on the Key Lime Pie! YUMMY!
So sometimes the pouring rain is really just what we need to get us through the other stuff in our week. Like Phoenix, I could use a lot of this kind of rain.



2 comments:
Rain is a wonderful thing!
Physically and emotionally
it wakens our senses with its smell,
it makes things green and beautiful,
it fosters growth,
it washes the world clean, and
it adds a shine to everything.
Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!
Micah and I were lounging around a couple days ago. We were both itching to be out of the house and with people. If you know Micah, you know that is a rare occasion, indeed. We decided we need friends.
Now that I've read this post, I'm jealous. I still don't have friends... Glad you had fun outings!
Post a Comment