Monday, June 23, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

So, Joe and I love Las Vegas! Though it was just the weekend, this trip was exactly what we needed. We had fun, but didn't get too busy. We hung out with friends, but weren't rushed to get from place to place. Our friends, the Whitings, are always gracious enough to let us stay at their house and we get to spend our time hanging out with them and their two kids. Amber is preggers like me so it was fun to here the boys complain over the weekend about what they could possibly do for fun with two pregnant women. So we went to dinner on Friday at this cool Japanese restaurant (with the worst service ever), and Joe had the single most exciting experience of his life. He saw Nigel, judge and producer of So You Think You Can Dance! When he came back and told me I wanted to run out and tell him he had been too harsh on last weeks show, but I think that would have appeared a little crazy. Then we got our hair cut on Saturday. No, I got my hair cut on Saturday. For some reason I only ever get my hair cut when I am on vacation, and Amber's friend Toni was happy to oblige. We went out to dinner that night at Famous Dave's BBQ, saw Spamalot at the Wynn hotel after that, then we hit up some late night dessert. For the record, the play was HILARIOUS! We had to get a few pictures after the play to remember this great event, and Joe and Chris loved the crazy Frenchies best so this picture opportunity was priceless. We had hoped to get a few pictures in the Ferrari Dealership, but they charge you an entrance fee now just to LOOK at the cars! Mr. Wynn is getting a little crazy.Usually when we get to Vegas, Chris is very busy and has little time to actually spend with us. He more than made up for it this trip with all of the quality time we finally got with him! And then, we learned a new game on Sunday (Hand and Foot for those of you who care). So, we are home again. We both have to go back to work tomorrow and hope that we get to see our friends the Whitings soon. Once a year is just not enough.

6 comments:

jenn said...

Glad you had a good time! We LOVE Vegas too. Your hair is so long! Was it that long last month when we were in Arizona?!! Cute cut- I want a haircut!

Micah said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I wish I could've joined you for some of it. I'm glad you got a bit of vacation. Next time you have to make the drive all the way up to Utah.

Micah said...

Kathryn, I need your address. Kenan Dyhre is getting married and wants to send you an announcement!!

Bob and Danya said...

Woohoo! I love Hand and Foot! Wanna play!? Give us a call. :) I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of that game! I hope you remember all the rules because I haven't played in a year! LOL!
Danya

Amy said...

Kathryn, looks like ya'll had fun! Must be great to stay with friends on vacation!
This is Amy by the way from a long time ago back in Mckinney at church. Check out my blog if you don't remember...tons of pics there! :-)

Anonymous said...

you changed the names on your poll!! no more Harley:( glad you had fun in Vegas. i can't believe Joe saw Nigel! I love him! I love SYTYCD!!!! I need to blog about it!