Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Joys

I have had a long week. It is only Wednesday, but I feel already like it should be Saturday. I think that I have overworked my little-getting-bigger-by-the-day body and I am just TIRED! I have to go to my internship in a few minutes but I wanted to check my email before I left.


Normally when I open my user account on my computer I am greeted by a beautiful picture of Joe and me at Thanksgiving Point, taken by my talented sister Jennifer.


Every time this photo pops up I get a nice happy feeling that reminds me that there are places where you can enjoy the outdoors in the Summertime, times when Joe and I have time for vacation, and family members willing to let us crash at their houses. What I found this morning was even better. For the first time in a while, Joe got up before me today so he could go to work. Normally we would have sat and had breakfast together or something, but I was far too tired to get out of bed before he left. When I turned on my computer I found this on my desktop instead:


A Calla lily! My favorite flower! My husband left me a flower on my computer! My day has already gotten so much better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of you! What a sweetie your Joe is. You look great in all your pics.

Micah said...

That is very sweet of him! Cute picture, too!

the cakes said...

Good man, Joe. Good man!
I am SOOO not missing the heat. Move here - Vancouver is PERFECT right now! Our high today was 74, I think. Don't hate...just come visit : )

jenn said...

so sweet- in the "I've been married longer than you and I think I'm going to gag because I might be jealous" voice.