Monday, June 16, 2008

The Phoenix Heat

It is not unusual for me to complain about the Phoenix Summer heat. Most of my friends and family know that I have no love for this city come June-September. Joe and I went for a walk last night at 7:30 and it was still 105 degrees. 105! To add to the ridiculous temperature there is all of the hot wind. Now, I love wind, but only when it is the kind of wind that actually cools you down. Phoenix wind is like the wave of heat that hits you when you open your oven door.

So there is the high temperature, the hot wind, and the fact that grass is nearly impossible to find. Phoenix is a city of cement, asphalt, and dirt lots. All of this just makes the heat seem that much more unbearable. I remember last Summer when I had to walk about 1/2 a mile from my car to my ASU classes, mind you this was at 8 a.m., and I would get to class with my calves and shins burned from the heat coming up off the sidewalk.

With all of this divine radiance to endure I was moved nearly to tears by a Sprite commercial. This could be due to the fact that I am pregnant and most things make me cry, or it is because I want SO BADLY for this commercial to be real. To view my ideal Phoenix scenario, see below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1latJ7K8zc

Sprite has the best commercials!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That is a really refreshing commercial! I think part of why you hate summers here SOOO much is because you are in the city. Not that the heat is any better out here, but at least here there is grass, pools and backyards with fun sprinkler games for the kiddos..okay, okay you got me..I play too!

Micah said...

You crack me up! That commercial kind of freaks me out a little bit. It looks an awful lot like cement when they go jumping into it.

I hope you get a breath of fresh air here soon. Love ya!