Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Zoo

I love zoos. I have been living her in Phoenix for almost 6 years and I had never been to the zoo until today. I thought that it would be fun to take Avery and show her all of the animals. This was Avert at the beginning of the expedition:
She seems happy and excited enough. We made it in (thanks Holly and your free pass!) and started at the Savanna. Giraffes are my favorite and I was excited to show them to Avery, especially since they can come so close to you.

Around the corner were the flamingos. They were bright, they were pretty, and they were asleep. I think of most animals as being asleep when it comes to the zoo. I was not contradicted on this trip.

Avery had to eat during the monkey tour so she missed out on the little fuzzy friends. Once she had eaten she does what she usually does on our fun outings:

I stayed to look at the other animals and came across this sign:

I think that I need one of those to stick on Avery's bedroom door! It could read:

Avery May Jackson
homo sapien


Notice that the baby is often sleeping

Avery sleeps during all exciting events that are meant for her physical and social development and general well-being.

Diet: Mother's milk.
What a nice day.

3 comments:

jenn said...

all cute pictures- I totally think you should make the sign for Avery's door!

Bob and Danya said...

We love the zoo too! Go with us sometime! :)

georgia-mom said...

I agree: your idea for a sign for her is adorable.