Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas (Twice)

We actually celebrated Christmas twice this year. Since we were in Utah for the actual day, we had a celebration with Joe's family here in Phoenix before we left town. We had a lovely dinner (thanks Lisa), sang some songs (thanks Stacie), played a game (imaginiff), and then opened presents.


It was nice to get a family picture taken since I don't think we had taken one since last Christmas, and it was GREAT to get some winter clothes for Avery. Grandma Jackson provided most of the cute and WARM clothes that Avery wore while we were in Utah, so it was a much appreciated gift. I also got some much needed new knives. I love them! It is so nice not to have to hack away at the object you are trying to "cut." I must say that Grandma and Grandpa Jackson did great this year on knowing exactly what we needed.




In Utah we spent the day with Jenn's family. Joe and I didn't do a whole lot of gift exchanging this year, but it was so nice to be around family and share in the traditions that other family's have at the holidays. I love waking up to a lit tree with shiny presents and sharing in the excitement of all of the kids in the house when they finally get to come downstairs and see what they got this year.





Jenn's kids, (Kate, Megan, Soren, Emily, and Ethan) are great fun and all thought that getting to hold Avery was about the most fun they could have. Soren was surprisingly good with Avery. When he held her she would just stare at him like he was the coolest thing she had ever seen. Ethan was hilarious because he would ask to hold her and then after a few seconds he would say, "okay, you can have her back now." She was certainly the belle of the ball while we were there. She got held so much she actually would start to cry to be let down. I had to be sure to give her time on her own while we were there because there were so many people wanting to have a chance to snuggle our sweet baby. What fun!








For pictures of the whole trip, check out the slideshow below.





Click to play Christmas 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

jenn said...

I wish I could comment on all the posts but I have to get kids to bed- it was a great Christmas season with such great memories for us! SO glad you were part of it and that I was one of those fighting to hold your beautiful baby girl!
Miss and LOVE you!