Our New Year's celebration was fairly uneventful. I am suffering from a pretty wicked cold and so I did not feel up to doing a whole lot. We kept it low-key and had a nice dinner with Joe's family and then went out for dessert. Have you ever had Chick-Fil-A's ice cream? It is delicious! Then we went home and were in bed my 10. I don't think that I have ever been much of a New Year celebrator, but when I am sick I am REALLY not interested in staying up just to watch the clock hit midnight. I was awoken at that time, however, by all of the guns being fired in my neighborhood. What a nice tradition; firing guns aimlessly in the air at night and letting the bullets land wherever they may in hopes that they don't happen to hit a person.

The next day was a typical New Year's Day. Family, food and football were all on the menu and not much else. The day was as it should be. We just hung out together at the in-laws and took naps when we could. That is my kind of holiday.
2 comments:
I put away my Christmas decorations- I was ready for some order at my house!
Who is next to Jared in that picture?
His friend Elissa.
Post a Comment