Monday, February 2, 2009

'Tis the Season

Since it is February, the month for love, I feel that I should share a new love of mine. Have you discovered the joy of turbotax.com? As of now my taxes are completed and submitted to the IRS. It was fast, it was easy, and it was FREE to e-file! I am elated! I have been telling Joe for the last 2 months that as soon as we got all of our documents we needed to sit down and do our taxes so that we could get our return QUICK! On Saturday I sat down and did them myself while Joe took a nap. Like I said, fast. And because I e-filed, the IRS should get my info in the next 48 hours and my refund (that will be direct deposited) could be in my account in as little as 10 days!

I should mention that I used the free option of turbotax programs. TurboTax offers fancier versions with live help and auditors if you want. Those programs cost anywhere from 15.95-39.50 I think. But if you are like me and your taxes are not fancy or complicated the free one works just fine. They will charge you, however, to file your state taxes if you decide to e-file those as well. But, if you are not in a rush, they will transfer all of your info into the state documents and let you print it up for free and mail it on your own. They still do all the work!


I know that this post is a little like a commercial, but I am just so thrilled to be done and that it was so easy to do. I wanted to share the joy. So, I love turbotax.com. They are my new Valentine this year!

2 comments:

Kelly and Tadd said...

i loved the turbotax comment considering we have to file together this year! Anyway, thanks for the comment...we are definitely getting busy and as for top chef...first of all it is absolutely not the same without you guys and you know i cannot stay up that late...i am in bed before it comes on, and we do not have DVR... miss you guys like crazy! ps. avery is adorable!

georgia-mom said...

Almost takes the pain out of taxes, doesn't it? Almost.