Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Flipping Out

WATCH!!



I was so worried that this was never going to happen! After hearing that Maggie was flipping over at 6 weeks I was beginning to despair that Avery was NEVER going to flip over. I maintain that it is because she is just content. She doesn't really feel the need to reach over and grab things out of reach or want to move from her current position. She is just happy staring at what is in front of her so she never had a reason to flip over. But on Sunday night she changed her mind and decided that she is too big for tummy time. I set her down to play and went to make dinner- two minutes later Joe says: "I think she flipped over." Sure enough she was laying on her back staring straight up like she was lost. I took a picture to document the moment, but I could not get her on film for a couple more days. But here she is, rolling right over when she is set on her belly. Now I worry that she'll never have tummy-time again.


First Flip!

2 comments:

Angela said...

If she is buff enough to flip over, she probably doesn't need as much tummy time. Your girl is growing up!

georgia-mom said...

Go, Avery! Now you can check that off your worry list. Are you ready for more mobility?