I am trying to learn how to sew. Nothing fancy, just enough that I can put together an outfit or a costume for my kids someday. Maybe even learn to tailor or hem my own stuff when need be. I started with a simple apron. My friend, Anndalyn, has been kind enough to teach me AND let me use her machine. My other friend, Jen, is learning with me.
The apron may have been easy enough but while we were at the fabric store we had the genius idea of making them reversible. REVERSIBLE! How hard could that be? Well, 2 days and a total of 10 hours later, I finished my apron. It’s not that it was necessarily a hard project, but it was made harder by the upgrades and changes we decided to make to the existing pattern. I do, however, now feel more comfortable with a sewing machine and my abilities to figure out the how’s and what’s of the pattern. Especially if I have Anndalyn to work it with me!
2020 Vision
6 years ago



2 comments:
Brave. You should ask Jenn how her apron-making for Megan went.
What a darling apron! I'm very proud of you that you are learning to sew. You'll be glad all your life that you did. Making your apron reversable is especially admirable.
Post a Comment