Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sewing Project #2....Check!

I'm done! I decided for my second sewing project that I would make myself a scripture bag. There is just too much stuff in my diaper bag already and my purse won't fit my scriptures. So, after finding an AMAZING sale at Jo-anne's on patterns ($1 each!!), I found a bag I thought would work and got started. It needed to be wide enough to fit scriptures and the manual on Joseph Smith, and I wanted it to have pockets to hold all of my little things. i.e. phone, pens, keys, etc. And here it is:
One of the best parts is that the stripes are just a decorative cover so I can make another cover anytime. I actually bought fabric to make a second cover, but I'm tired of this project already and I will just use it for something else. The pockets are great because I could make them any size I wanted since I was the one sewing them up. So there are pockets for pens, a perfect one for my cell phone, and other ones in different sizes for other miscellaneous items. What a relief to be done. On to the next task; a dress for Avery!

7 comments:

the cakes said...

I heard about this project of yours from Jen Foutz and was quite jealous! Super cute! I have a sewing machine that collects dust...I need a good sewing teacher.
Nice Work!

Unknown said...

Super impressive for your first project. Next week I'm planning to tackle this project: http://smallfryandco.blogspot.com/2009/02/cute-little-girl-purse-tutorial.html if you want to join me. I'm not fantastic on a sewing machine yet, but no time like the present to learn!

Micah said...

I'll admit it... I'm impressed. That looks GREAT! Is that our first finished product? Well done.

Ryan said...

wow, great work.

Ryan said...

oh, this is Roo, i am signed in under my husband. ha that could have been creepy

Andrew said...

The stripes were a good choice. Its quite inventive as well with all the pockets. You could maybe work for Volvo.

georgia-mom said...

I love it! Very darling. I'm impressed, and happy to see your projects.
Also love Avery's new picture. Still looks so much like you at that age.