Friday, March 6, 2009

It's that time again

Time for Avery's monthly post. She turned 5 months old yesterday and I can't believe how fast it is all going! It's funny that she seems so big to me and that she changes every single day, but as I'm sitting to tell you about her development this month I can't think of a whole lot. But couldn't you just eat her with her adorable one dimple?



She does talk A LOT more. She has grown so vocal that sometimes I just listen outside her door while she lays in her crib and sings because she talks more to herself than she does to me. I love babies talking so I'm ecstatic she is at this stage.


She will turn when you call her name. Okay, not every time, but a lot of the time. Sometimes the ceiling fan is just too interesting for her to look away! But I get a little thrill when I call her and she turns to me and smiles.


If learning how to blow raspberries is a developmental stage then she hit that one too! It's really great when she has been drooling for a while before she starts to spit at you. It gives you a nice complete drenching that way.



She has progressed to grabbing small objects as opposed to just her large toys. The other day she spent ten minutes trying to rip the tiny tiger patch off of Joe's polo shirt. At first she was just punching it, then she suddenly decided that she must destroy it or eat it because she attacked it with a vigor I've never seen in an infant!


Other than that she is much the same baby. She still sleeps well, eats well, and wakes up the happiest baby I've ever seen. Joe and I count our blessings each day that we have Avery.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Avery, again.
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Avery doesn't look so big but that giraffe is sure getting smaller!

Little Bird is quite the star in her own show.

Maybe you could get a job as caption writer.

I hate that y'all are so far away.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

She's so cute! I may be back in AZ in April so maybe I'll get to meet her??

Micah said...

I saw the "I (heart) NY" t-shirt. She is TOO cute. I really can't believe how much she looks like you. WOW.

Bob and Danya said...

Growing up so quickly and yet still so small. She's such a cutie! You need to "appear" with her at my door more often!