skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Christmas is in the air
Or at least I am trying really hard to make it feel that way. In order to bring the Christmas spirit into our home we had a decorating party last night. Stacie and I started by heading into the city to collect the necessary items; a tree, ornaments, a wreath, a stocking, etc. It was many hours but our search was satisfactory.
Once we got home I made a new dessert for me, a plum cake tatin. When I said 'plum cake' to Joe I thought he would throw up. I don't know why the idea was so abhorrent to him, but he was not excited. Well, he should have been because it turned out DELICIOUS! It made the house smell yummy and gave us a treat to look forward to after our work.
After that we unloaded the tree, the first artificial one I have ever had, and got to sprucing it up. Avery thought it was fun until she found out that she wasn't supposed to pull all of the little green pieces off of the tree. But she was all over the decorations. She hoarded all of the pine cones so that we had to search through three rooms to find them all. We debated a lot on the type of ornaments to get, but we decided on pine cones and a lot of stuffed snowmen, Santas, reindeer, and bears. Nothing breakable this year because none of us trust Avery. We bought a long string of red beads to put around the tree and Avery was wrapped up in it about 3 minutes into decorating. I think she thought it was the worlds greatest necklace.
Stacie was a pro at lights and the like so that I didn't have to squat and lean and reach to terrible much. My stomach is feeling a mite heavy these days. She even got the wreath hung on the door so that anyone approaching our door can prepare for the festive feeling within.We had Christmas music playing the whole time and hot chocolate to end the night. It was probably my favorite night so far in China.
3 comments:
Sounds like you have started the Christmas season off on the right foot!
So much fun! Our artificial tree has lights, twigs and berries already on...so again this year to be lazy we aren't going to decorate it, I figure Asher will be all to excited to attack it!
Merry Christmas Kathryn! I'm glad you found decorations and had hot chocolate- those are some of the best parts of Christmas!
Post a Comment