What can I say, it was
awesome. Stacie stayed the night and we filled the stockings and ate treats and made sure that everything was ready for when Avery came out Christmas morning. She did not
disappoint; she walked out, came straight to me and asked for a
nummie. No interest in the shiny packages, no worries about what was filling her stocking, just wanted a treat. When I showed her that her stocking did indeed have treats in it, well she grabbed the first sugary snack she could and then lost interest in anything else we wanted to do. She eventually realized that the shiny packages frequently were new toys for her and so she warmed to the idea of opening presents after a while. We saved her rocking elephant to the very end because we knew, and were right, that after that all else would
disappear for her.
The day was spent enjoying our new toys and watching
movies. We went to a friend;s house that evening for a crepe party and sadly I forgot to take any photos. But I can not tell you how wonderful it was to have crepes filled with berries and ice cream. It was
truly a wonderful holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment