Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harry Potter, Harry Potter!

We went to the movies! This is the first time we have made such a venture in China because it tends to be really expensive. Just the tickets are pricey, mind you, the food is dirt cheap. What a change from the U.S. If you want to buy the large popcorn and 2 large drinks combo then it will cost you 22 yuan. That is like three bucks. AWESOME! Anyway, the theatrer right next to us is actually quite cheap compared to the bigger places in the city, but it is kind of like a dollar theater. It plays much older movies and they are not often in English. But I guess Harry Potter is as big a deal here as it is in the states because it was here the same week as it was back home. Stacie kindly offered to babysit and Joe and I went out for a real date night. She even let us borrow her scooter so we could ride together like a cute couple. It was so great!

The movie was exciting, the company was fun, and I had no idea how much I missed the whole movie experience. It was a good night for all.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm jealous...

jenn said...

And?!!! What did you think?

I can't believe popcorn AND drinks are 3 bucks!! Is the popcorn any good? Maybe you shouldn't tell me.