Monday, November 8, 2010

Swollen Feet=New Shoes

One of the perks of swollen feet (due to pregnancy) is the need to buy new shoes. I'll take any legit excuse! So my feet recently grew out of my only black dress shoes so I HAD to go and find a new pair. Not as easy as it sounds I am afraid. Luckily my feet have gone up to about a size 8, any bigger and there simply would not be any shoes for me to buy. Chinese women, and men for that matter, have tiny feet. There are more shoe stores here than I think I have ever seen in a city, but finding ones with out glitter, jewels, feathers, chains, or ruffles was nearly impossible. There is no such thing as a plain ans sensible shoe here. They all have some kind of bling. It is not a fashion trend I am really into. Luckily I finally found these little shoes with a simple flower detail. I LOVE them. Finding them was a relief on multiple levels. Better for my feet, more appropriate for my wardrobe, and affordable. Not everything in China a actually cheap.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Note to self- you can NOT buy shoes in China.

Can't wait to see the photo!

jenn said...

DANG cute shoes! It makes me wish people in China had bigger feet!