Saturday, May 1, 2010

Crafty Crafty Lady's Night

I finally attended one of the craft evenings that my friend Jax puts on. I always seem to forget they are happening or I am out of town for them. But tonight, for an evening of all things Mod Podge, I made it! And I am so glad that I did. There is something so satisfying about going to one of these gatherings and coming away with a totally finished project.

Tonight I made a small journal. Okay, I didn't bind the book or anything, it is just a composition book made over with cute paper and ribbon, but, darn it, I am so proud of it! Jenn, you would be proud of me too! I finally crafted with paper! I usually stick to sewing for my creative hobby and I always try to write down, plan out, or completely draw up what I will be making as well as its dimensions. I have little scraps of paper floating all around with these types of writings. Now I have a beautiful book that I decorated to hold of my sewing ideas. Yeah, me!

5 comments:

Andrew said...

There are two fabric markets here. One is two buildings each about four stories and full of cheap fabric, buttons, and ribbons. The other one is big enough for cars to drive down the isles.

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

I'm so glad you came! It was such a fun night! (I'm guess this Andrew is the friend in China?)

jenn said...

sniff. sniff.
I'm so proud.

You know paper is my choice and your book is fantastic!

(Now I have to sneak past my skirt without looking, so I can see your other posts- eek.)

Angela said...

Love the book. Excellent paper choice.

Grandpa Richard said...

Indeed, yeah you!