Do you have a favorite? I think of myself as being a vanilla person. I always double the amount a recipe calls for, I love the smell, I think it makes everything a little better. But then I had a baby and discovered that I LOVE chocolate now. Chocolate pudding, cake, ice cream, whatever.
So I made vanilla trifle for Joe's birthday. It was tasty with angel food cake, berries, and vanilla pudding. I loved it. I ate nearly half of the bowl. Don't worry, not in one sitting. Derek and Michelle were over and Derek said that he thought it was his favorite dessert that I had ever made for them. And that says a lot because I'm pretty sure that I make dessert EVERY time we get together.
Derek's birthday was the next week so I decided to make trifle again. I didn't feel like I should make the SAME trifle so I made the chocolate version. Brownies, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and berries. Thanks Jenn for the recipe! And now I am torn. Which do I prefer? The light but REALLY sweet vanilla angel food goodness, or the chocolaty brownie divineness? (Is that a word?) Really, what do you think you would prefer? Chocolate or vanilla?


5 comments:
If it were Tadd and I...Tadd would like the Vanilla more and I would love the chocolate more. I wish we were there to actually taste test and give you our real opinion. They both look delicious!
BOTH!
Really- it's not right to choose one.
I'm thinking chocolate for me. A friend of mine does something similar to this but uses just raspberries as the berries and adds some heath bar crunched up. Sounds random but it's tasty!
I'd love to get some other good dessert recipes from you . . .
I think i'll have to have a taste test!
Vanilla. I love brownies and berries, but vanilla is my FAVORITE.
Post a Comment