Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just so you are in the loop

Don't be offended if this is the first you are hearing this information. We might be moving to China. I realize that we have said before that we might be moving to Utah or South Carolina or even Texas, and it never pans out. This being the case I think that even I did not take Joe very seriously when he sprang the idea of China on me. That is why I haven't really told a lot of people or made a big deal about it. Well, maybe now I should because apparently it is very serious. How serious, you ask?

Joe has already been offered a job teaching English at the same school as our friend Andrew. If this news strikes you as bad news then you can send all whiny complaints Andrew's way.

Joe has signed a letter of intent saying that he wants the position.

Joe has in his possession a contract to sign saying that he will be in China for work from Aug 15 2010 to August 15 2011. (Or close to that anyway)

We are working on getting our visas.

Avery has a passport.

We are looking for renters and planning what to do with all of our belongings.

Does this sound serious yet?

There are still one or two things that may keep us here. China is the plan right now but if we can't find renters then we are in a real bind. If I end up getting pregnant in the next couple months (no luck so far) then that may change our plans as well. But, for now, we think we are moving to China.

11 comments:

maymey-Old said...

:(

The Pullins said...

Well, congratulations?! I know this was something the two of you were considering a couple years ago too until Miss Avery came along. I'm sure the Lord will let you know soon if it is an absolute. About renters, the Coltons are using a company and they found renters within a couple days once they started using that particular company, just a thought.

I wish your family the best!! We will miss you though!

Kelly and Tadd said...

So...it really might be happening. That is awesome. Good for you guys. That will be a really great experience. I know everyone will miss you...even if we only get to see you during the holidays. Glad we caught you early this year. Keep us updated.

Elizabeth said...

Wait, this might actually happen? How exciting!

jenn said...

I'll believe it when Joe signs AND sends the contract, but have to admit that you guys have made a LOT of progress in that direction!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How exciting! I always thought moving abroad TEMPORARILY would be cool. Although I think I'd go to London over China . . . :) . . but still very exciting for you guys!

Kathryn said...

Jenn,

I think he can send it in once we have all of the info for our visas. There are still a few documents we need and blood work stuff.

Bob and Danya said...

What??????? I'm sorry, but I don't like this plan one bit! I can't stand to lose any more friends!!! We'd miss you way too much! Why do you have to pick soemthing soooooo far away? Just because you like Chinese food.....LOL! Ok, i'm just kidding, but I'd still miss you guys a ton!

Andrew said...

Even if you get pregnant you are still coming out here. They have delivered more babies here than anywhere else in the world.

Angela said...

Wow. Apparently if I want people to comment on my blog posts I need to tell them something shocking - like moving to China. Is this a comment record for you? Pretty fun stuff.

Ben and Melis said...

sweeeeeet!!! we want to come visit :)