Saturday, May 22, 2010

We always say we won't be that parent.

My child will not be the one with a binky at the age of 4.

My child will not have a cell phone when she's 10.

My child will not start getting her brows waxed for her twelfth birthday.

Oh, the things we hope for our children. The plans we make for them. The dreams we hope they have and the ones we dread they will. I am pretty positive that none of the above statements will prove false. What has me worried is that I am sure that at some point in the last few years I saw this very situation and said to myself: My TODDLER does NOT need an iPod.

But since she steals Joe's every time she sees it, and will carry it around with her from room to room swaying to the music, I am a bit shaken in my resolve. Not really, but it does make me see why people with less limited funds than me would buy such a thing for their child. It is really cute to watch.


2 comments:

jenn said...

It all happens younger than it used to and we all end up being THAT parent at some point and for some reason.

Love the bright yellow earphones!

Angela said...

SHe doesn't need an iPod. She'll be just as cute swaying to the music you play through speakers.

I still love that pink dress. Did she get a haircut?