Wednesday, October 1, 2008

INSURED!!


Hooray for insurance! Today is the big day; I am now an insured pregnant lady. I celebrated this event by going to my first Dr.'s appointment since May! I am happy to report that all things are developing quite nicely. The baby is head down as she should be at this point and she is a little smaller than average for this stage of pregnancy. She is not abnormally small, just a little on the dainty side. Here's hoping for a 7 lb. baby! I have started dilating and softening, so we really are getting close to showtime.


I am at a new OB now and I am so happy with him. They don't use nurse practitioners at this office. Patients only see the real doctor so I already like this one infinitely better than the last one. The other staff was friendly and nice and I have another appointment set up for next week. All in all it was a great visit.


To make the day even better, I received a phone message from my last Dr.'s office when I came out of my appointment that said that they have resolved the issue of the mystery bill I received last week. You may remember me blogging about this $850 mess. I was told that the matter had been cleared up and my cost for labs was not the original amount stated, but it was in fact only $184. WOW! Big difference. It has just been a really great morning.


So I am feeling good about life right now, my baby seems healthy and almost ready to show her face, and I can't wait to be a mom and see my mom in the next few weeks! I decided to post my weekly belly picture today instead of tomorrow because I am just overflowing with joy right now. I know that for continuity I should take it tomorrow, but I don't care.

7 comments:

jenn said...

You look so cute! Hooray for insurance and good doctors! Hope the high continues.

Bob and Danya said...

Yay! Insurance! Congrats! You made it! We can't wait to see that little one! I know whe'll be darling!

Bob and Danya said...

that's "she'll be darling!" Rule #1 of typing = don't type with a kid bugging you at the same time! :)

Micah said...

YAY FOR INSURANCE! I'm so excited for the big day and to meet your daughter.

Andrew said...

I think that you are just showing off the fact that your nearly nine months and are still skinny. Besides the bump, tell Joe he is gay and the f-word.

The Jacksons said...

Our friend Andrew everyone.

Elizabeth said...

Woo Hoo for insurance! I'm glad you made it. Now this baby girl can come any time!