Her first day alone with Mommy. Grandma Sauter was here to help out for 10 whole days and then I was left to figure the rest out myself; and rightly so. I nearly cried several times but managed to do just fine. Each day gets a little easier, but I would not mind if she decided to come back to visit. I love Birdie's surprised face; it cracks me up!
Her first picnic. Joe and I took the little Birdie to Tempe Town Lake for an evening picnic and a walk. The weather was perfect, but the park was being set up for a huge concert so it wasn't looking its best.
Her first hike at Papago Park. Okay, it was more like a stroll but it was still fun. Joe and I love that park for hiking and bike riding so we thought we should introduce it to Avery now. Avery, however, did not feel the same way and slept through the whole thing.
Her first traumatic visit to the Pediatrician. This was traumatic for me as well. I have never heard my baby scream like this before and I nearly burst into tears. Darn those rectal thermometers and PKU tests! This is her little face in the car after the event. She looked so dejected! I just wanted to cuddle her for hours to make her feel better but decided it would be better to just get her home. On the plus side, we found out that Avery has gained a whole pound since birth putting her at a solid 5 lbs. 13 oz.!
I'm sure that there will be more firsts to come and whether you want to know about them or not I will probably post about them too!



6 comments:
A picnic and a hike? I'm impressed.
She's so cute!
Keep the posts coming! What a sweetheart. She is so lucky to have you both!
I cannot believe how teeny and bird-like she is. She's going to have AWESOME cheeks... I can tell already.
PKU tests were bad for all five of my kids! I love that she is called birdie- I don't know why, but I do.
Joe you look proud of you tiny daughter. Its got to be fun to have a little girl. hope that you guys are well. bad word
She is Tiny. YOu look great as a mom. :)
Post a Comment