Saturday, August 8, 2009

When Dad Does Breakfast

Avery can be a picky eater. I think that she gets this personality trait from her dad. So when it is time for her to eat I frequently have to feed her just a few bites of several different things in order for her to really have a full meal. Breakfast can commonly consist of cheerios, fruit, and yogurt. Every meal is time consuming and can be quite a guessing game for me.

The other morning, Joe was taking care of Avery while I lingered in bed for a bit. This is a rarity so I was enjoying it. When I came out to find them playing together I saw that Avery had been fed breakfast already. Joe took some initiative and handled that chore for me. And what was it that Dad fed her? Based on this picture I think you can guess:

Donuts! Powdered donuts! OF COURSE she loved them and he had no trouble feeding her. What did I mean when I said that she would only eat a few bites of each food? Avery ate plenty of one thing for Dad. Honestly, men. I love especially that even though she had been done eating for a while, she was still covered in sugar for me to clean up. I should note that for lunch that day he also fed her ice cream. It's a good thing that Dad is not home all day everyday.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Haha! I want donuts. :)

jenn said...

Typical.
Grandma's do it a lot too.