Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father


It is a little hard for me to talk about my dad right now, but, it is Father's Day and I think that it would be wrong for me to not mention how much I love him and appreciate what he has done for me in my life.
My dad is one of the hardest workers I have ever known. Watching him as a youth I learned that accepting your responsibilities and having a good work ethic is not just important, but necessary. The more I experience life in the general work force, I realize how valuable his lesson was.
He is also an incredibly giving person. My dad never visits without filling my fridge, taking me to dinner, and making sure that my Costco membership is active.
Dad also taught me that knowledge and an education is important. He and my mother provided us children with a great library at home and set the example by constantly being caught with a book in hand.
I love my dad. And I love how he cares for people and leads by example.

3 comments:

jenn said...

Yeah. He's a pretty great dad. ;)

georgia-mom said...

Sadly, he can't work any more, but he will be glad to hear that he made a difference in someone's life. That means a lot to him these days.

Angela said...

Yep, sounds just like Dad.