Thursday, January 27, 2011

One thing I love

I like to remind myself of the things I love about China. It helps on the days that I see so many things that I DON'T love about China. So, here is one thing I love: cheap and yummy produce. I went to the wet market the other day and I bought:
Asian Pears

Oranges

Strawberries

Eggplant

Green Onion

Red Onion

Green Chillies

Jalapenos

Cilantro

Green Peppers

Tomatoes

Celery

and Carrots
What was my grand total, people? About $5. The strawberries alone would have cost me that much back home! Love it.

2 comments:

jenn said...

I just paid 7 damn valentine dollars for strawberries! I don't know that cheap produce outweighs the drama it would be for me to live in China, but I'm still jealous.

georgia-mom said...

On a bad day maybe you'll blog about what you don't like about China. Both lists are interesting.