I bought Joe some slippers for Christmas. Joe has never really used slippers before. He has owned them but they have always just sat in the closet back home. But here we have marble floors with no rugs and they are FREEZING; hence the slipper gift. He told me that it was a nice thought but that he probably still would not use them. Guess what? They are now his favorite gift from Christmas. Okay, maybe not before his iPod, but close. He wears them all the time. If he has to get up in the night to use the bathroom he won't go with out his slippers. He leaves them right by the door so that when he takes his shoes off when he gets home he can step straight into his fuzzy warmers. And he was just so sure that he would NEVER use them. He was so sure that he just didn't need slippers.
I also bought him a scarf. If you look in the slide show of Christmas you can see him modeling it in a really funny pose. Again, he didn't think he would really use it much. Not only does he use it, he has now started to steal MY scarves! He came home yesterday and took off my white scarf and said, "I really like the fabric of this one, but it is a little too short." And then this morning he gets dressed and says, "My scarf does not go with this jacket. I think your striped one would look better." So guess what he wore to work? Yes, my scarf again. Apparently I was silly to just buy him ONE scarf. I should have bought him a collection.
2020 Vision
6 years ago



3 comments:
Funny Joe.
I can totally see the appeal of slippers on tile floors!
"Mama knows best!" We say mama, but it is just as true when you say WIFEY knows best. :)
We would all live in very small worlds if not for people to introduce us to new ideas and things.
Joe is a noun used for guys in general, so it's not just Joe, but he's still funny. Good for him for being open to something new.
Post a Comment