Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To Do List

For my birthday I got gift cards to Joann's. This is just about the most perfect present for me right now. Minus of course the absolutely perfect rotary cutter and mat that Joe bought me. I decided that I needed to buy stuff for me this time. I have made a lot of stuff for other people, which I am totally happy to do, but I wanted something for myself. I pretty skirt, maybe a dress or a purse. So I went crazy.



I still followed the rule that has been set up for me; I only bought fabric for specific projects. There was no haphazard buying done. I have a pattern or a plan for everything I purchased. So I sat down with my fabric and made a list of things I need to make based on the fabric that I have. Oh, my. It is a little long. I'm feeling a little stressed. I guess the only thing to do is get started on number one and make my way down the list. It does include projects and fabric that I already had waiting before my birthday, but my birthday fabric covers about half of the list. Hopefully in few weeks I will have a couple new skirts, new dresses, new shorts, and a new blouse.
I should mention that this is all possible only because of my dad. In January he bought me an early birthday present; my sewing machine. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it in the first month, but I am still going strong with project after project.

3 comments:

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

your a rock star!

Angela said...

I got really confused whent he numbers on your list weren't in order. You numbered them by highest priority! I get it now.

Wow. That is a lot. Don't let it stress you though, you don't technically have a deadline. It's summer year-round in Phoenix! :)

jenn said...

I love having long lists of projects- even though I also get the stress. It just means hours of happy time doing what you love and creating things to be loved! Happy sewing!!