Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Moon Party

Let me say now, I DO NOT LIKE the Twilight movies. I know that this can be hotly debated, but you cannot make me think that Robert Pattinson is good looking or that Kristin Stewart is a good actress. That being said, I had a New Moon party. I did not see the movie in theaters. I had no desire. But, it was my birthday, it was actually the night of a real new moon, and our friends, the Moore's, like to mock bad movies just as much as Joe and I so we all got together for some cake and some laughter.
I can't tell you all the ways that I love a Costco cake. I could eat that vanilla cheesecake creamy filling with a spoon! Every good party should begin with cake. So we visited for a while and then we put the girls down to bed. I think they had fun feeling like it was a slumber party.
Once the kiddos were down we started the movie. I gotta tell you, I was not disappointed. But keep in mind that my expectations were REALLY low. I think the reason I didn't hate this one as much as the first was because of Taylor Lautner. In the books I may prefer Edward, but in the movies I am DEFINITELY team Jacob.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!!

Angela said...

Glad you got to do something for your birthday. Wish I could've been there with you.

I still haven't seen the movie, but perhaps I will ... someday.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those were my thoughts exactly! Robert P and Kristen S are absurdly annoying but Taylor L made me Team Jacob for sure:)

Happy Birthday!!!!

Gina said...

I am not a Rob Pattinson fan either. First of all he has horrible teeth and that is a huge deal for me. He has fangs and the Twilight vampires don't even have those. Second, he looks like a gargoyle with a flat nose. I can't wait for "Eclipse" for the good stuff-ACTION!!!

jenn said...

Ditto.
I know that Edward was supposed to be all tortured and whatever, but he looked SO awful and unimpressive.

The really stupid thing is that Kristin Stewart actually looked happy when filming with Taylor- she NEVER does with Robert. She is awful.

Wish we had thought to have a sister mocking movie night because I live with real fans!