Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve over at the Jackson's this year. The day consisted of games, food, picture taking and stockings. Avery also spent much of the day decorating and undecorating the tree. I dressed Avery up in her adorable Christmas dress (thanks Aunt Elizabeth!) and tried to get some good pictures of her. Taking pictures of a VERY active 1 year-old is way harder than I thought. Almost every picture I have of her in the last 2 months is a blur. Luckily Stacie got a bunch of cute ones, but I couldn't possibly post all of them here. It was great that everyone could come home this year. Stacie made it back from Texas and Stephanie and Lyle drove out from California so that we could all be together for the holiday. Avery had a blast being the center of attention for the whole day. She LOVES being around her aunts and uncles.
I think that Avery tripled her book collection thanks to Aunt Stephanie. Her stocking was full of Dr. Seuss board books that we can now add to our rotation of night-time reading. I think that if she could talk, Avery could quote Goonight Moon.

Opening stockings on Christmas Eve is one of my favorite Jackson traditions. It is kind of like an amuse bouche. It is just a little taste of what is to come the next day when we all gather together again.
After an exremely busy day and only one short nap, Avery was too tuckered out to even make through stockings. She was in her jammies and taking her evening night-cap while half of the group still had gifts to open. Oh, well. And another busy day ahead tomorrow.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Our only Christmas Eve tradition is the Christmas Chipmunk, who is fighting cancer this year and didn't make a showing for the first time since Kelly can remember. sigh.

Nice to have all of Joe's family together.