This last weekend was the Aloha Festival in Tempe. We went last year when it was downtown, but this year was better. I dressed Avery up in the CUTEST Hawaiian print bubble outfit ever made and we headed out for some fun. At the park there were three different stages with performances going on all day. There were dancers and singers and fighting warriors. Are these little girls not the most darling thing you've ever seen?
As usual there we a lot of booths selling art, crafts and jewelery, clothing, and FOOD! I always like to see all of the things that people have to sell, but Joe is here for the BBQ plate lunches. He actually only peruses the booths to keep me happy. He would be fine just going for lunch. I'm not opposed to the food myself. I am not a macaroni salad fan in general, but those Hawaiians know how it is done! So yummy. And the chicken! Mmmm.
I was worried that Avery would sleep through the whole thing since it was right at her nap time. If you have read any of my previous posts you would know that this is a habit of hers. Instead,
I began to worry that she would never sleep. There was so much going on that she did not close her eyes for a second. When we got in the car to go home, she was passed out in her seat before we could leave the parking lot. Silly baby.
All in all, it was a great afternoon for the Jackson family and I can't wait to go again next year. Maybe then I will try the donuts we missed out on this time.
3 comments:
She looks so much like you. WHat a doll! Looks like your in Hawaii! :)What a fune thing.
What cute pictures of Avery. Love the Hawaiian print. That will look good in Texas!
I'm with Joe. I want to go for the food. YUM!
Post a Comment