Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 2: Stacie's Birthday



This isn't exactly China-specific, but it is a little hard to do birthday's in the typical American fashion here. Notice the tiny cake? This is because I have to cook in a tiny oven. Notice the lack of candles? That is because birthday candles is not a tradition they have here so they are impossible to find. It was still a great night though with lemon cake and western food, compliments of an Irish pub in the city. Happy Birthday Stace. (And Elizabeth and Melissa!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm on Dad's computer and just realized my comments look like they're from him. Sorry about that!
I'll bet Stacie was so glad to celebrate with family, and have cake!

Jessica said...

You can find birthday candles in like half of the bakery's in China. you know the ones shaped like numbers they aren't exactly like the American ones but they do have them.

jenn said...

Happy Birthday Stacie.

It caught me off guard to see Dad's name in your comments. Kind of like he's close by and I love that.