Avery can't get enough Kristy. Kristy is her aunt who lives in Utah and whom she sees only a couple of times a year. This does not matter. If Kristy is around then Avery wants to be held by her. David, my brother and Kristy's husband, spent 10 minutes with Avery as soon as he got here trying to get her to warm up to him. This was fruitless and she would have nothing to do with him. Kristy walks into the room, says "Hi, everyone!" and Avery walks straight to her and wants to be held. No warming up, no enticing, just a strong desire to be where Kristy is. From what I understand it is not just Avery who feels this way. Apparently Kristy has this affect on almost all of the children she meets. It's like her super-power!
Playing in the pool together!
Playing in the pool together!


2 comments:
Don't we all wish we were more like Kristy?
It IS her superpower but I have to think it is not the superpower she would have picked- to be constantly hung on, pulled on, talked at... as the mother of kids who adore Kristy, I am grateful for her gift! And I am affected by her gift too- I love to be around Kristy! She is an amazing person.
Post a Comment