Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Fourth!

I love the 4th of July. I love everything about it. I love red, white and blue everything! I love the sun and the BBQ. I love pool parties and parades. And I love, love, love fireworks!

This year Joe and I made it up to Las Vegas to spend the weekend with our friends, the Whitings. It was too much fun. Avery took to them immediately and could not smile enough at young Julia. I think that Chris may be her new best friend as well. She really wanted to be friends with their do, Kuda, but I discouraged that friendship since Avery likes to pull.

Since it was Avery's first Independence Day, I was really excited to see how she was going to react to the pretty sparkling lights that I so enjoy every year. And, of course, she had to have a patriotic outfit for the day. Our actual evening plans changed a few times before we finally settled on a course of action. In the end we did some little fireworks at the house, then we hiked up to the top of a hill to watch the fireworks over the whole valley. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many fireworks going at one time.
Julia and Mason were really excited about doing their own fireworks before the big show, and Avery did not seem opposed to the idea. But then the whistling, cracking, popping, and exploding started. That was not as thrilling for her as I had hoped.
Preston had himself under control the whole time. None if it seemed to phase him too much. It must be the fact that he has older sibling that make similar sounds all of the time! I hope that Avery soon learns to love fireworks as much as I do.
It is always hard to pick a couple of photos to share when you feel like there are so many good ones. Luckily I have a slide show to make for the next post so I can add all of the ones I couldn't put in here.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love the patriotic skirt. Wesley had a reaction similar to Avery's. I think there is something to be said for having older siblings.