Monday, July 27, 2009

Daddy's Girl


Avery may be a little sick, but that does not mean that she can't take care of her daddy. She is such a daddy's girl already. Whenever Joe comes home from work she gets all excited and giddy. If he doesn't give her immediate attention upon his arrival then she gets REALLY mad.

It's okay. It doesn't hurt my feelings that she likes him best. So last night when Joe laid himself down for a little rest, Avery crawled herself over to him and started to rub his back. Okay, maybe she was just trying to crawl OVER him, but for 5 minutes it really did look like she was giving her tired daddy a massage. She's never given me a massage. She just likes to kick me whenever she can reach. poo.

4 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

She's such a cutie! I hope she's getting better!

Angela said...

I think Jenn can commiserate. She oftenfelt like her kids loved other people more than her and that they behaved better for other people than for her. It's the blessing and curse of motherhood.

jenn said...

Yes- I commiserate. And they don't outgrow it. My kids were GOOD and had FUN with grandma this week- they don't choose to be good for me!! But there are times they make up for the non-preferential treatment that makes it all worth being undervalued and unappreciated.

Kelli said...

Robby pretty much likes everyone more than me, but jokes on him because I'm the only consistant person in his world! Just wanted to pop in and say we miss you, I don't know what Robby is going to do when we go to church tomorrow and his Birdie isn't there!