Saturday, May 2, 2009

So, We Went to Texas

Avery and I have been in Texas for the last week and a half. We went to escape the AZ heat, already at 100 degrees, but mostly to visit with Grandpa Richard. My dad is not feeling that great right now and we thought that it would be a good time to drop by and say hi.

Avery was a dream on the plane ride. I was so worried that she would be a grump, but she played half the time and slept the other half. It helped that we had the ONLY empty seat on the plane right next to us. And once we got to D/FW airport, Angela was waiting!

We spent the whole of our trip hanging out at home with family and spending time with Grandpa. He and Avery hit it off right away. Almost as soon as I sate her down next to him she was smiling and laughing. I think she likes him best because she didn't have to perform. We all try to play with her and make her crawl or stand our grab the toy. With Grandpa she could just be, so she had a great time. We stepped out for an afternoon or two of shopping, thanks Grandma!, but really just caught up on a lot of movie watching since that is about as much excitement as Grandpa can handle. In preparation for this summer, I watched ALL of the Harry Potter movies.
It was truly a relaxing trip. We slept in, read, watched movies, ate, and visited for 9 whole days. I got to see Mom, Dad, Angela, Micah, Scott, Jennifer, Jon, Val and Kyra. Not to mention my good friends, Maria, Dawn, and Nancy. It was wonderful!
We left on May 2nd. This is my sister Elizabeth's birthday and we missed her by just a couple of days. So, we love you Elizabeth and hope that we can see you soon!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like a great trip! Glad we got to share some of it.

jenn said...

It was so good to see you and Avery in Texas- give her some kisses for me! (LOVE the new banner- she is adorable!!)