Sunday, May 10, 2009

Joe

Did I mention that May is a busy month? Today is Joe's birthday!! My wonderful husband is 31 and starting to feel old; at least when he says his age out loud. When I have to call him away from his World of Warcraft game after 3 hours so that he can have dinner, I feel like he is still a teenager.

I do not praise my husband enough. He takes such good care of Avery and me and even though I try to let him know how much I appreciate him, I feel like I don't sing his praises as I should.
I love that he still tries to spoil me like he did when we were dating.
I love that he has his biggest smiles when he plays with Avery.
I love that he does all that he can so that I can stay home and raise our daughter, as we had hoped I could.
I love that he does the dishes.
I love that he brings Avery in to me every morning so that he can say good morning to her before he goes to work.
I love that he likes to cuddle when we nap, and that he sets his alarm 10 minutes early so we can cuddle before he goes to work.
I love that, even if I can't seem to get up, he studies his scriptures every morning.
I love that he has, and can still, take me to the temple.
I love Joe Jackson.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Cute, cute... sounds like a keeper.

jenn said...

Yeah- he's a good guy.
Happy Birthday Joe!

Andrew said...

He used to get up twenty minutes early to cuddle with me. 31 is so freaking old.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Happy Birthday, Joe! I wish I could have seen you guys this week. Next time FOR SURE. Hope you had a great day! Thanks for the phone call this week. :)

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Aww!~

Anonymous said...

I don't want to comment about Joe....he is great and all but more importantly that pic of Avery with the giant flower on her head has to be about the dang cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

jenn said...

where are you? no posts. no phone calls. I hope you are busy and not dead!! thinkin' of YOU!