Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Anndalyn!

Another birthday this week! And so, another excuse to bake a cake! This time it was my friend Anndalyn's birthday. This is the girl who is helping me learn how to sew and use her machine. Her husband was out of town and she wanted to practice her smoothie skills on her new blender so we got a few people together to have a little BBQ and other fun foods gathering at the Hutchison's house. The smoothies were a total success! Peaches, yogurt, OJ, and some banana. What could be tastier? Mmmm, how about some cake?
Okay, it might not have been tastier than the smoothies, but I have never been so excited about a cake that I have baked before. Let me just hint at the deliciousness that I was anticipating. White cake, three layers, strawberries and whip cream with...wait for it...cream cheese! Oh, my goodness! It was a delicious night! Hooray for Cook's Illustrated Magazine for the delicious recipes!
In the end there was just too much good food to eat, and there was lots of good conversation to be had. Thanks to the Hutchison's for letting us party at their place, and Kelli for planning the big hooplah! I love a good birthday party! Who's next?

4 comments:

jenn said...

I wish mine was next!! Or at least that I lived close enough to come eat cake with you!! YUM.

Angela said...

Sometimes I wish I had friends. That looks like so much fun!!

Bob and Danya said...

Ummm...hello....I want that cake recipe!!! Gimme! :)

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

I'm next, I'm next! June 13th!!!