Sunday, April 5, 2009

During the last General Conference...

I was in labor. 6 months ago, Avery was born. And just look at her now.

She can sit up. She still topples over a bit now and then, but she can sit all by herself and is grasping the whole catch-yourself-when-you-fall step. It is strange because I feel like she was able to do this almost immediately after I first sat her up to try it.

She scoots backwards. She still hasn't figured out how to get her belly off of the ground and go forward to the toys she wants, but she has backwards down pat. It was startling the first time she did this. I put her down and went to do the dishes. When I looked up, she had moved 3 feet from where I had set her. Suddenly my 3-story condo is looking VERY dangerous.

She has started eating food. It is just oatmeal at this point, and it's only been twice, but she has started. The first time did not go so well. I think I ended up with more oatmeal in the bowl than I started with. The second time went a bit better. I think she got about half of the tiny portion down before she was just fed up with my pushiness.


Her emotions are gaining a wider range. Meaning: she gets really happy, she gets really mad, and she gets her feelings hurt. This has made the last week a little hard for me. She never used to cry when I would walk away or lay her down for a nap; she does now. I think you could even call what she does "throwing a fit." And the other day, she did something that hurt me and I said sternly, "No, Avery. That hurts Mama." And she looked at me all sad and started to cry! Then I wanted to cry! It was the saddest thing.



Her awareness of things around her has gotten out of control. She wants to touch everything. It is no longer safe for me to drink anything while I'm holding her because she will knock the cup out of my hand. She wants to chew her clothes to death, hold on to everything with 2 hands, yell at herself in the mirror, and so much more. It's actually really fun.


I love my Birdie!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Avery May
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

jenn said...

Super cute birdie- I can't believe she is sitting up! When are you going to move closer?!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

She's beautiful! LOVE her eyes.

Angela said...

I love that red shirt. Why didn't that make an appearance sooner. I LOVE THE RED SHIRT! (Just in case I didn't make that clear before.)

Now I am even more excited to see you in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. I also want to echo Jenn's sentiment. "When are you going to move closer?!!"

Dom and Katie said...

okay, can we talk about that amazing red dress in the smile box photo collage? and also, i loved the comment about never having a dog. BUT, if you did have one, i'm sure it would be a pink poodle like avery's.

Bob and Danya said...

Fun Times! Don't worry about the stairs too much. As soon as she can crawl teach her to go down backwards and practice everyday several times. Cason could go down stairs month before he could walk. It was great!