Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday Bocce Books

It is not my birthday yet, I know, but, I have had 2 birthday parties already! This is mostly because I was supposed to be out of town for my real birthday, but also because I like to drag out birthday festivities (and by this I mean excuses to buy cake) as long as I can. On Friday we gathered with a few friends for food and some bocce. That's right, bocce. I LOVE this game. As my friend Kelly pointed out, it is not easy to play but requires almost ZERO athleticism, and so is fun for ALL. And when is pizza and dessert not a good idea? Have I ever mentioned before that I like cake? Well I do. I LOVE cake. At this particular part I got THREE kinds! I made a Jell-o-poke cake myself, Katie provided the Triple-Chocolate cake, and Kelly brought the Coldstone ice-cream-cupcakes. What a night! And to top it all off, Joe bought me 6 new books. SIX. Now do you see why I celebrate as long as possible?

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is a LOT of cake. I hope it was tasty.

jenn said...

Cold Stone Ice-Cream cupcakes?!!! I'm going right now!

Happy early b-day!

Bob and Danya said...

Isn't Bocce a GREAT game! I love it! So fun! Looks like you had lots of fun treats for your birthday! I like your idea of dragging out your birthday. I have to try that! :)